New App Alert: The American Academy of Dermatology’s new mobile app allows dermatologists to tap into clinical guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.
The free app provides recommendations and treatment algorithms for both conditions based on guidelines published in the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology from 2008 to 2011.
• Clinical decision tree
• Quick reference guide for diagnoses
• Arthritic diagnostic checklist and scoring
• Clinical recommendations for all available therapies
• Guide to topical therapy and methotrexate treatment
• Phototherapy/photochemotherapy dosing guidelines
• CPT and HCPCS Codes, and treatment reimbursement algorithm
• Case studies and treatment algorithms
The app is free, and available for download at www.aad.org/PsoriasisApp