The American Association for Hand Surgery Annual Meeting brings together health care professionals from North America and abroad for a three-day continuing education program featuring the best evidence of the practice of hand and upper extremity health care. The program is multifaceted and includes almost 25 instructional courses, numerous panel discussions and case-based programs, and free papers selected by a panel of experts. The learner will gain insight into both common and complex problems of the upper extremity, understand indications for surgery, therapy, outcomes of each, and potential complications of intervention.
The program is intended for health care professionals involved in the assessment and management of a wide variety of common and complex conditions of the hand and upper limb.
Following completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Discuss clinical and basic scientific research on hand and upper extremity problems.
- Integrate principles of hand therapy with surgical management of hand and upper extremity problems.
- Evaluate surgical and nonsurgical principles of managing common hand and upper extremity problems.
- Compare the intellectual discourses through an integrated program with the related surgical societies (ASRM and ASPN) and resolve conflicts.
- Implement enhanced management of fractures, arthritis and congenital problems.
- Compare clinical and nonclinical hand therapy issues for a variety of hand problems and fractures.
ABMS Core Competencies
This program will address the following ACGME/ABMS Competencies:
- Patient Care and Procedural Skills
- Medical Knowledge
- Practice-Based Learning and Improvement
- Systems-Based Practice
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint sponsorship of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and the American Association for Hand Surgery (AAHS). The ASPS is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.