Congrats to the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery’s (ASDS) top skin cancer screeners of 2015.
Choose Skin Health, a partnership between ASDS and Neutrogena, facilitates early detection of skin cancer by encouraging the public to choose healthy and sun-safe behaviors. The program promotes skin cancer prevention through free cancer screenings, using sunscreen regularly, and practicing skin self-exams monthly.
The Choose Skin Health Top Volunteer Screener awards recognize ASDS members who have devoted tremendous time and energy to provide free skin cancer screenings to the public.
The 2015 honorees include:
Andrew T. Jaffe, MD, of Naples, Fla, is the overall top Choose Skin Health screener for 2015. Riverchase Dermatology, based in southwest Florida, is the program’s top practice for the year.
Program participants who were recognized as regional winners at the recent 2015 ASDS Annual Meeting in Chicago include:
- Linda Hua Zhou, MD, of Johnston, RI
- Alan R. Gilbert, MD, of Fort Wayne, Ind
- Gulf Coast Dermatology, Panama City, Fla
- Daniel J. Ladd, DO, of Austin, Tex
- Lindsay D. Sewell, MD, of Idaho Falls, Idaho
- Yardy Tse, MD, of Encinitas, Calif.