RealSelf has released its inaugural RealSelf U.S. Laser & Energy Report revealing consumer interest, patient satisfaction based on the proprietary RealSelf Worth It Ratings, and emerging trends within the laser and energy device market.
A record 94 million people visited RealSelf to research elective cosmetic treatments in 2017, and laser and energy technologies have played a crucial role in the overall growth of medical aesthetics. Interest in laser and energy device treatments on RealSelf grew 10.5% in 2017, and five of the top 10 most researched minimally invasive categories on RealSelf last year included treatments using a laser or energy device, according to a media release from RealSelf.
“New laser and energy technologies have brought innovative treatment solutions for a range of services, from body contouring and facial treatments to tattoo removal and vision correction,” says RealSelf Founder and CEO Tom Seery, in the release.
“RealSelf attracts millions of consumers every month and has become a barometer of aesthetic interest and demand. Based on consumer interest and review patterns we see on RealSelf, we expect to see interest in treatments using laser and energy devices continue to rise,” he predicts.
Key trends shaping the laser and energy device market, per the report:
Fat Reduction Interest Hits All-Time High
- Fat reduction was the most researched minimally invasive treatment category on RealSelf in 2017, surpassing popular categories like injectable fillers and toxins. Nonsurgical fat reduction devices work by damaging the structure of fat cells, allowing the body to process and remove them with minimal downtime. Laser and ultrasound-assisted liposuction treatments work by liquefying fat before it’s removed, allowing for a less invasive alternative to traditional liposuction.
- Fat reduction treatments accounted for nearly one-third of the top 10 most researched branded laser and energy treatments in 2017. CoolSculpting took the number one spot, followed by Smart Lipo (#2) and SculpSure (#7).
Interest in Vaginal Rejuvenation Treatments Rising Amid High Consumer Satisfaction
- Consumer interest in vaginal rejuvenation treatments, which help address changes in vaginal health often caused by childbirth and menopause, increased by 17% on RealSelf from 2016 to 2017. Branded devices ThermiVa and MonaLisa Touch saw the fastest year-over-year interest growth, increasing 45% and 28%, respectively.
- Vaginal rejuvenation treatments also yield high patient satisfaction, with four devices named among the most “Worth It” laser and energy device treatments: diVa Vaginal Therapy (98% Worth It Rating), FemiLift (94% Worth It Rating), MonaLisa Touch (92% Worth It Rating), and ThermiVa (91% Worth It Rating).
- Interest in newly developed vaginal rejuvenation treatments is also on the rise, with four new devices included among the top emerging treatments: Geneveve (+80%), Ultra Femme 360 (+68%), FemTouch (+36%), and diVa Vaginal Therapy (+23%).
New Facial Lasers Gain Traction
- Facial lasers, which address skin concerns ranging from sun damage and acne scars to overall skin texture, were the fourth most researched nonsurgical treatment category on RealSelf in 2017.
- Interest in new-to-market facial lasers is trending up, with three brands named among the top emerging treatments: Resurfacing Perfected (#6) with 40% growth, Excel V (#8) with 25% growth, and Pico Genesis (#10) with 18% growth.
To read the full report and summaries, visit RealSelf.
[Source(s): RealSelf, PR Newswire]