San Diego-based MDR Aesthetics Inc launches dermID, a handheld skin imaging device, it announces in a news release.
DermID features proprietary and patent-pending technology designed to allow physicians, aestheticians and other skincare specialists to “see tomorrow’s skin today” by visualizing skin damage and cosmetic concerns that cannot be seen with the naked eye.
Created by an optical scientist, dermID uses optically based technology called fluorescence technology. This technology uses a blue light at a depth of 425-460nm that provides skincare specialists an aid in the visualization of damaged skin cells located deep in the dermis layer of the skin.
Fluorescence technology paired with patent-pending yellow lenses creates a frequency that allows users to visualize what the naked eye cannot see, including photodamage, allergy or skin irritation, clogged pores and other skin conditions, the release explains.
DermID allows physicians, aestheticians, and other skincare specialists to:
- Rapidly examine a patient and develop a specific skincare treatment regimen
- Allow a patient to review the results of their facial examination in real time and monitor the results of the skincare treatment regimen over time
- Easily transport the device from room to room due to its small size and portability
- Complete a scan of the face and body in a few minutes
- Quickly and easily share the results with a dermatologist, when appropriate and requested
For more information, visit MDR Aesthetics Inc.
[Source(s): MDR Aesthetics Inc, PR Newswire]