Dermatology Week, organized by HMP Global, will take place online September 16-19, 2021, and will provide medical and clinical dermatologists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, researchers, and others, with a clinically relevant, and practical educational program focused on updates in immune-mediated dermatologic conditions, patient management strategies, expert perspective, and the exchange of insight and best practices on current medical and cosmetic dermatological topics and practice management.
Serving as official partners for Dermatology Week will be the National Psoriasis Foundation (NPF) and the National Rosacea Society (NRS). More partners will be announced in the coming weeks, a media release from HMP Global notes.
Leading the development of the Dermatology Week program is a premier group of clinical experts lending a broad range of medical and clinical perspectives, per the release.
Serving as Senior Advisors are:
- Steven R. Feldman, MD, PhD, Professor of Dermatology, Pathology & Public Health Sciences, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Joel Gelfand, MD, MSC, FAAD, Professor of Dermatology and of Epidemiology Vice Chair of Clinical Research and Medical Director, Dermatology Clinical Studies Unit Director, Psoriasis and Phototherapy Treatment Center, University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine
Serving as Co-Chairs are:
- April W. Armstrong, MD, MPH Associate Dean, Clinical Research, Professor of Dermatology, Director, Clinical Research Support, Southern California CTSI Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California;
- Brian S. Kim, MD, MTR, FAAD, Associate Professor of Medicine (Dermatology) Co-Director, Center for the Study of Itch and Sensory Disorders, Division of Dermatology, Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine;
- Mital Patel-Cohen, MD Director of Complex Medical Dermatology, Summit Medical Group;
- Ruth Ann Vleugels, MD, MPH, MBA, Director, Autoimmune Skin Disease Program, Program Director, Dermatology-Rheumatology Fellowship, Vice-Chair, Brigham and Women’s Hospital Department of Dermatology, Associate Professor, Harvard Medical School.
“Dermatology Week is a unique, distraction-free learning experience where the focus will be on dermatology, not destination. With a program that is patient-centered, practical, and progressive, we will explore cutting-edge advancements from leading educators and rapidly translate findings into takeaways that improve knowledge and enhance clinical outcomes.”
— Joel Gelfand, MD, MSC, FAAD
[Source(s): HMP Global, PRWeb]