Congrats! The American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS) and American Society for Dermatologic Surgery Association (ASDSA) nabbed 14 awards – including three Platinums – in the 2015 MarCom Awards competition.
The MarCom Awards is an international competition administered and judged by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals.
MarCom’s top honor – the Platinum Award – was presented to the Society in three categories:
- Currents as one of the best association magazines.
- Fluence as a top association annual report overall and for its print design.
Gold Awards were presented to ASDS for the following:
- Annual report writing: Fluence, the 2014 Annual Report. The 36-page document featured the organization’s top accomplishments.
- Direct mail brochure: ASDS Practice Management, Marketing, and Social Media course mailer. The brochure – featuring innovative course titles, faculty highlights, and testimonials – was mailed to ASDS members and dermatology office staff.
- Employee training manual: ASDS Style Guide. This 34-page document – issued to all new employees – outlines the Society’s branded style guidelines.
- Informational web video: ASDS Consumer Survey. This first-ever Society news video was released in conjunction with the third annual results of the survey that reflects the motivations and influences of consumers considering cosmetic medical procedures.
- PowerPoint presentation: ASDS Business Meeting PowerPoint. The 79-slide presentation featuring multiple videos was shown at the 2014 ASDS Annual Meeting in San Diego.
ASDS and ASDSA also won six Honorable Mention MarCom Awards:
- Advocacy group external newsletter: ASDSA monthly e-newsletter. The newsletter strives to keep members up-to-date on government and practice issues.
- Direct mail brochure: ASDS Annual Meeting preview brochure. The brochure was targeted to ASDS members who have not recently attended the meeting and non-member dermatologists.
- Educational web video: “Fight Back Against Skin Cancer with an ASDS Member Dermatologist.” This 2-minute video – featuring basketball coach Lisa Pace’s battle against skin cancer – is being used as part of the ASDS branding campaign.
- Public relations brochure: 2014-15 ASDS Experts Guide. This inaugural version of the Experts Guide – which helps connect ASDS experts with media members for interviews – features more than 70 member bios and was distributed to media nationwide.
- Television public service announcement: ASDS skin cancer PSA focusing on sun-safe behaviors for men. This 30-second PSA was produced as the ASDS Future Leaders Network project of Terrence Keaney, MD. The Future Leaders Network helps groom the next generation of leaders in dermatologic surgery by pairing them with mentors and providing hands-on project management experience.
- Television public service announcement: ASDS skin cancer PSA focusing on the dangers of indoor tanning. This 30-second PSA features the story of basketball coach Lisa Pace, a self-described tan-oholic who is battling skin cancer.